PBA and LHC Design have submitted a planning application for up to 74 high quality new homes and provision for up to 100 jobs in refurbished and new office space at the former CeramTec Factory, Sidmouth Road, Colyton.
This information sheet summarises the proposal which has been developed following technical appraisal and a comprehensive stakeholder and public consultation. The outline planning application (reference: 18/1850/MOUT) is available to view on the East Devon District Council website.
The scheme includes:
- Up to 74 high quality new homes to meet local housing needs;
- 30% affordable housing (22 dwellings), subject to further detailed viability testing;
- New public open space in excess of local plan policy compliant levels;
- Provision for up to 100 jobs in refurbished office space and potential new employment space, totalling up to 1444 square meters in size; and
- A sensitive masterplan which is in keeping with the character of Colyton and which will provide for the sympathetic redevelopment of a key gateway site for the town.
If the application is approved, Homes England will appoint a contractor to undertake the required demolition. Subsequent to this, a development partner will be selected to work with Homes England to complete the high quality redevelopment of this important site in Colyton.
Click here to read the information sheet on new homes on former Ceramtec Factory, Colyton